Have you helped test or implement novel thinking at Penn Medicine? We want to hear from you!
Innovation at Penn Medicine is driven by the thousands of physicians, nurses, allied health workers, IT professionals, support staff and students whose ideas have the potential to transform the field of health care in remarkable ways. With this in mind, the Center for Health Care Innovation is launching an effort to crowdsource, capture and distribute stories about innovative projects that test new ways of thinking.
We believe stories help people make sense of big and important problems and allow audiences to walk in the shoes of providers and patients. By sharing stories, we can transfer knowledge, build empathy and accelerate innovation within our community.
So what qualifies as a story of innovation? Innovation comes in all shapes and sizes - and often, seemingly small changes can lead to meaningful outcomes. Our goal is to collect a diverse set of stories about risk, experimentation, and ingenuity. If your efforts fit into one or more of the categories below, we want to hear about it.
- Improving patient experience or clinical outcomes
- Leveraging new technology or connected health approaches to improve care/clinical processes
- Reducing the cost of care while maintaining patient outcomes
- Improving the experience of care team members - whether making work more efficient, more fun or more meaningful
- Lessons learned from failing fast
After the submission period closes, a panel of judges will review submissions and select winners to be recognized as catalyzers of innovation at Penn Medicine. Videos about each of the winning entries will be produced and shared on the Center for Health Care Innovation website.