The Acceleration Lab leverages design thinking to solve complex problems in health care The Center for Digital Health utilizes non-traditional data sources to disrupt conventional approaches to care The Nudge Unit designs and implements scalable nudges to improve medical decision-making and patient outcomes Way to Health provides technology infrastructure for sustainable behavior change interventions
- An hour of work and one simple nudge resulted in $32 million in savings for Penn Medicine
- COVID Watch saved lives weekly during the first surge of the pandemic
- Heart Safe Motherhood reduced readmission rates and eliminated racial disparities in postpartum hypertension care
- Opt-out FIT kits paired with serial text messaging increased CRC screening tenfold
- Introducing defaults in the electronic health record increased referrals to cardiac rehab by 70 percent
- CARe eliminated three of four in-office visits for post-surgical patients
- Fast Track to Fertility increased annualized new patient access by 24 percent
Featured NewsSee all news
Twitter posts reflect shifts in emergency physician well-being during COVID-19 JAMA Network Open Twitter posts by emergency medicine physicians reflected significantly more anxiety, anger, depression, and loneliness during the COVID-19 pandemic than before it.
Nudges prevalent at health care organizations NEJM Catalyst A survey of the NEJM Catalyst Insights Council finds that many health care organizations are using nudges to modify patient and/or clinician behavior. CHCI's Kit Delgado and CHIBE's Kevin Volpp provide expert analysis.
Innovator SpotlightSee all spotlights
Rebecca Trotta, PhD, RN Rebecca Trotta, PhD, RN
Meet Rebecca Trotta, a nurse-scientist driving efforts to transform geriatric care.
Charlie Chambers, MCIT Charlie Chambers, MCIT
Meet Charlie Chambers, a database whisperer with a penchant for tinkering.