The Acceleration Lab leverages design thinking to solve complex problems in health care The Center for Digital Health utilizes non-traditional data sources to disrupt conventional approaches to care The Nudge Unit designs and implements scalable nudges to improve medical decision-making and patient outcomes Way to Health provides technology infrastructure for sustainable behavior change interventions
in grants and awards
- An hour of work and one simple nudge resulted in $32 million in savings for Penn Medicine
- COVID Watch saved lives weekly during the first surge of the pandemic
- Heart Safe Motherhood reduced readmission rates and eliminated racial disparities in postpartum hypertension care
- Opt-out FIT kits paired with serial text messaging increased CRC screening tenfold
- Introducing defaults in the electronic health record increased referrals to cardiac rehab by 70 percent
- CARe eliminated three of four in-office visits for post-surgical patients
- Fast Track to Fertility increased annualized new patient access by 24 percent
Featured NewsSee all news
Tech-based solutions enable clinicians to focus on people, not paperwork Penn Medicine News Blog Projects such as CHCI-led efforts to streamline records collection are making administrative tasks quicker and easier and clearing the way for more meaningful work.
Ten weeks, seven insights: Interns share takeaways from a summer with CHCI Four graduate students shared key learnings from their summer internship with the Center for Health Care Innovation.
Innovator SpotlightSee all spotlights
Nicholas Mollanazar, MD, MBA Nicholas Mollanazar, MD, MBA
Meet Nicholas Mollanazar, whose solutions are helping more dermatology patients get the care they need and enabling providers to work more efficiently.
Rebecca Trotta, PhD, RN Rebecca Trotta, PhD, RN
Meet Rebecca Trotta, a nurse-scientist driving efforts to transform geriatric care.